1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Journey

.

.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

A Journey

I'm sorry that I appear to have disappeared without notice. Yesterday was very hectic because unexpected things happened. I won't go into them all but one very enjoyable thing was lunch with my Boss from nearly 35 years ago and his wife who were on the Island for a holiday and had been trying to get in touch with me. They just found me in time. Because in the afternoon I flew down to Glasgow where a friend collected me from the Airport and I stayed the night with her (her he is at their house in France at the moment) in Renfrew before getting a train to Ayr this morning for a check-up at the hospital. So I'm writing this on the train on the way back to Renfrew for the night. It's good to catch up with old friends. It'd be even nicer though if it hadn't been cold and wet and generally yuck all day. I'm not used to this. Nor am I used to all this public transport. Not too bad though!

Another view above the clouds. This one is going the other way. You can tell can't you?

Above the Clyde coming into Glasgow

This is to prove that I have been on a bus. My friends won't believe it otherwise

And a train!

Just loved the waiting room

2 comments:

  1. SO busy!
    You're inspiring! I don't think I would have had the energy to life my fingers onto the keyboard, much less download photos and include info.
    Pretty amazing.
    Rest.
    :^)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning, I thought I'd write an email to see where you have been...

    I love the clouds in the plane - they look like marshmallow fluff :o).

    AND...the unexpected delights of life are only unexpected to us...remember, these are gifts from a Father who loves you :o)

    {the word verification is UPSYSESN - which sounds to me like "Upsy Season" - thought I'd share that bit of happy with you}

    ♥ to, sweet one.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.