1 EAGLETON NOTES: Yum Yum, Celery and Wormlet

.

.

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Yum Yum, Celery and Wormlet

I bought some celery from Tesco yesterday. Lovely celery it is too. Celery is , as far as I know, the only food which takes more calories to consume than it provides. Presumably a small injection of protein would help to reduce that deficit. However I have to admit that the protein element in the form of a live wormlet was not really to my taste. It seems to be my luck though given that only a short while ago I met a caterpillar in some green beans that I'd bought. Fortunately I'm not particularly squeamish.

You get quite a good view of his innards on this though!

1 comment:

  1. Good job you're not Jewish and kosher! Apparently even eating a worm in your celery is a no no - it counts as violating the commandement against consuming any of those living things that swarm.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.