1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Productive, Quiet Day

.

.

Sunday 7 August 2011

A Productive, Quiet Day

Pat and Dave were coming for dinner tonight but Dave has, very unusually,  picked up a stinker of a cold and Pat decided that he was not going to share it with CJ and me.  Thanks Pat.  That's very much appreciated although we missed your company.  The weather looked no great shakes so I decided to have another blitz on the loft.  Several years ago I had a massive clear out.  Before that it was impossible to get into the loft past the first yard or so without clambering over and moving things.  Today was a case of just fine tuning those efforts, seeing what was left and sorting through things.  It was a Good Day.

Before
After
This is only half of the loft.  There's still some way to go but getting there!

7 comments:

  1. quite a lot of progress! That loft is big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to sit on the floor and go through your books on a rainy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm envious of all that storage space! You've made good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me somewhat of my dad's study... At least it gives me some idea of the work accomplished! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a Good Day! Sorting one's own loft, especially on one's own, can be a grotty task but sorting someone else's - especially when it had some old 'family stuff' in it was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that definitely puts our loft to shame. I can just about make it out of the hatch but I think I'd get lost among the piles of clutter and have trouble finding my way out again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the deep pile carpet - looks cozy up there, although perhaps not so cozy in winter?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.