1 EAGLETON NOTES: Arcane Post - 2

.

.

Saturday 3 July 2010

Arcane Post - 2

I recently posted on the subject of A Cynical View of Jars.  I said at the end that it was an arcane post.  I think I thought that the word meant not only little known and esoteric but also rather of very limited interest (ie boring).  I’ve since looked it up and it doesn’t.   Anyway a number of other things often spring to mind of equal arcaneness and I thought I’d occasionally burden/enlighten you with them.  I shall adopt the format used by Katherine for her Eye Candy although I cannot guarantee that my posts will have the same aesthetic appeal.

The first is a wonderful article of packaging that I received the other day.  Pills usually come in blister packs or round containers.  Round objects take up quite a lot of space and packaging is rather more awkward than the very practical solution just adopted by Healthspan for their vitamins.  It certainly takes up far less room in my medicine box.

DSC00630

6 comments:

  1. I've just caught up on all of your recent posts...
    ;^)
    So glad to be home and able to sit still in the calm
    ;^)
    There are some wonderful photos and thoughts here.
    (Love the laundry blowing in the wind.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, that is very sensible packaging. I wonder why it has taken someone so long to come up with such a simple solution. Mind you, round bottles are easier to find in the depths of a lady's handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite with you on how you interpret arcane. It does seem like a practical pill bottle but I can imagine some kinds of pills getting stuck in a container like that. Which may perhaps be one reason why that kind of package is not more common. Saying this from experience of trying to reuse tic tac containers for other kinds of pills! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica: The pack is quite large - about 10x16x2 cm - and the pills are about as large as I would care to swallow! I like the idea of using a Tic-Tac box for keeping pills when I'm away but, as you say, larger piils wouldn't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tic-tac containers - what a great idea, Monica! Ideal for taking the days supply out with me. Ironically, despite carrying a box of mint tic tacs everywhere I go I've never thought of using the old containers for pills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, I suppose the pen in the picture was there to give a clue to the size, eh? (LOL) I do agree the shape certainly seems more convenient for storing than big round bottles. I have two drawers in my bedroom full of pills and inhalors and eyedrops and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.