1 EAGLETON NOTES: Lady in Doorway

.

.

Thursday 15 July 2010

Lady in Doorway

Actually this is a little more than that.  You may recall that Wendy arrived but her case didn’t.  Wendy had chosen to travel in slightly more formal clothes than she would wear when relaxing at home so the question was what could she wear for the evening?  Well,  thanks to Peter and Chris (I suspect it was Chris’s idea but I may be wrong) I happened to have a very expensive pair of tailored pyjamas in a lovely candy-stripe pink that I’d never worn.  In fact I have never ever seen the point in dressing to go to bed but that’s another matter.   The story goes that when I was in hospital years ago in Glasgow after having been helicpoptered down from Inverness by air ambulance in order to undergo a heart procedure, I didn’t have any pjs.  So Chris volunteered a pair of Peter’s (they live in Glasgow).  They were pink and beautifully tailored.  I didn’t know that people actually wore tailored pjs!  Anyway these pjs got me quite a few amusing comments in the hospital.  So some time later for a birthday or Christmas Peter and Chris gave me these pink pjs.  They turned out to be the perfect lounging attire for Wendy that evening.  Wendy decided that she looked as though she was wearing hospital scrubs and should have a name tag and possibly a stethoscope as adornment.

DSC01086

3 comments:

  1. They look SO comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you're running the perfect hotel over there. Guided tours and even providing comfortable garments for your guests when they arrive without luggage. If I was feeling up to the travelling I'd book myself in for a stay... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the hotel I was booked into had provided me with such nice night wear when my luggage went astray! I had to go to dinner with people I'd never met before wearing what I'd had on at work all day and during the flight! Would much prefer to have stayed in the room in comfy PJs. Wendy looks quite dashing, compliments of Hotel GB.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.