1 EAGLETON NOTES: The First Day

.

.

Sunday 25 July 2010

The First Day

We played 9 games yesterday!  That's a lot of games.  You expect 6 or even 7 but I can't recall playing 9 in a tournament before.  It was really good though and, apart from being a bit tired last night and stiff this morning.  I'm raring to go this morning.  We start at 1000 today and only have 5 or 6 games.   This means we'll finish early which is great because a friend, David, with whom I'm going to France later in August is coming over from the Edinburgh side of the country to meet for a meal and catch-up.

I was satisfied with my play yesterday too and the field is much better than last year.  I'm joint top at the moment but I have two very very good players to play today.  But it’s started raining so it might be less pleasant playing today.

1 comment:

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.