1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Magical Afternoon

.

.

Friday 23 July 2010

A Magical Afternoon

This afternoon I found myself suddenly deciding to abandon my plans and instead of driving into town my car sort of took control and drove me to the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery.  I’ve done five blog postings so far on the Gallery and I’ve visited four galleries already this month.  So why?  A whim, no less.  Albeit it’s two years ago since my last visit here.  Anyway when I arrived and immediately found a parking space I knew that the afternoon was meant to be a success.  I started with the first floor gallery and was astonished by how many things I was noticing that had not registered with me before.  Add to that the new exhibitions and this became very exciting.  At the end I decided to see if there was a book on the Scottish Colourists but instead I inadvertently found my way into the Glasgow Boys Exhibition without realising that I’d gone in via the exit.  After a while I realised what I’d done and after a short but wonderful taste of things to come made my way out again.  I shall go back one day soon when I have more time and pay my entrance fee (the Gallery is free but some special exhibitions are charged for) and spend the time the exhibition justifies.

Over the next while I shall post on the visit but here’s a few photos to be going on with:

DSC02661  The Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery

DSC02537 Motherless George Lawson c. 1889

DSC02541  DSC02550 DSC02540

And that, dear reader, is all I have time for tonight.  But there will be more, a lot more, of far greater interest I promise you.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What great photos. Thanks for the trip to the museum! I really appreciate your kind comments and inquiries at my blog.
    So glad to have you as a friend and follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing place!! To think that there is an airplane inside, shows the size...WOW.

    I love that statue ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Heather said... ;)
    I remember that Motherless statue from the Soaring Through The World blog last July. Statues was the first theme after I joined so that's why I not only remember the picture but am also able to pin it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as if you could stay for days and days inside and not see all of the displays!
    Wonderful!
    You've been very busy!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to pass time. A magnificent building of treasures. Love that statue1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Difficult to beat an hour or two in a good museum and art gallery and this one looks great. If a little too big for me, I tend to skim round and miss far too much.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.