1 EAGLETON NOTES: Ruthin

.

.

Tuesday 6 May 2008

Ruthin

Ruthin has always been one of my favourite Welsh towns. Possibly because it's accessible and attractive and partly because I often used to go through it and go to the the Ruthin Castle - a lovely castle which became a hotel. his morning CJ and I stopped and had coffee and went to a market/attic sale where I bought a lovely old chinese tea service (something I so desparately needed! Not. Fortunately I paid next to nothing for it). I also bought a book on bird poetry from the Sue Ryder Charity Shop. You may come to read quotations from it in time.

Th Post Office and the Pillar Box where Helen's and Joanna's Birthday Cards were posted.

The Horseshoe Pass

The River Dee and the Royal Hotel, Llangollen

The River Dee, Llangollen

The Railway Station in Llangollen which is now run by a charitable trust. As a teenager I used to stay in Glyndyfrdwy half way between Llangollen and Corwen and, in the days BB (Before Beeching), I used to travel from there and arrive at this station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.