1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Mists of The Lakes

.

.

Friday 30 May 2008

The Mists of The Lakes

When I were a lad (and I once were) I used to spend lots of time in the Lake District. The last sentence has to be uttered with a broad Lancashire (or even a Yorkshire) accent for it to be taken seriously. Seriously though as soon as I could drive I used to go up for weekend out of the summer tourist season and stay and walk the fells: often with my pal Walter. It was in the Autumn that the most spectacular colours and light occurred from my point of view. You know the 'season of mists and mellow fruitfullness' colours. Anyway today I started scanning some of my old colour slides into the computer. Here are just two. This could become a repository for memories if I'm not careful.

Borrowdale early on an Autumn morning

Derwentwater early on an Autumn morning

2 comments:

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.