1 EAGLETON NOTES: Really Bad Ideas

.

.

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Really Bad Ideas

One of the things about having CJ staying is having to be accurate in one's speech. I used to be (I'm not now, of course!) a pedant. This morning at the conclusion of breakfast I perused the Book People's latest catalogue which arrived yesterday.

One title was The Mystery of Things by A E Grayling, subtitled Life and What It Means. All that and three other of his books for £6.99. Given the attempts that have been made to clarify this subject over the millennia the price seems remarkably reasonable.

Then came Don't Arm Wrestle a Pirate: 101 Really Bad Ideas. Now it seems to us that not arm wrestling a pirate is a very sensible idea. Perhaps if I read the book I'd know differently.

Hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.