1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Clisham

.

.

Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Clisham

L'Archiduchesse made a comment on the last posting about sliding down the hill. The 'hill' is the Clisham (Scottish Gaelic: An Cliseam) which is a mountain on the Isle of Harris (which, with Lewis where Eagleton is, forms the northernmost of the Outer Hebrides). At 799 metres (2,621 ft) it is the highest mountain in the Outer Hebrides and the archipelago's only Corbett.

Gaz at the bottom before the climb - or, in his case having climbed Mont Blanc a few weeks previously, the gentle wander.

Views from the top. It was one of the hottest days that year and the heat haze was not good for photography

And just to prove that I was there too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm losing air, my head is spinning, and it's a darned good thing that I'm sitting down because I think my knee's are wobbling too!

    Whew!

    These are amazing views but to think that the two of you were up there...as you are standing on those rocks...OH, GB, I'm scared.


    No, I'm very happy that you have the ability to be so comfortable and so steady and ...just look at you...so calm, standing where you are in that photo.

    It wouldn't matter how much I would enjoy the freedom, the view, the air up there on top of those rocks....I would be so full of wobbles that I'd fall down them.

    GLAD you made it home on solid ground and GLAD that you were able to share this experience with your son, and with us.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.