1 EAGLETON NOTES: Southern Hawker, Dragonfly

.

.

Monday 25 August 2008

Southern Hawker, Dragonfly

One of the lovely things about being on holiday with CJ, Helen and Ian is that there is always so much to be learned in the fields of flora and fauna. It would be lovely if I could remember even a small amount of that which I'm told but I have come to accept that I'll just have to make do with an appreciation of that which I see. Today at Ian and Helen's we saw a splendid pair of Southern Hawkers: male and female.

Male Southern Hawker (which can be identified by its blue stripes)

Female Southen Hawker ovipositing (laying her eggs) out of water which is, apparently, unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.