1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Journey to Gisla

.

.

Wednesday 13 August 2008

A Journey to Gisla

Since I arrived back on the Island in April I have been to the Mainland a couple of times but, on the Island, I have not made many journeys further than Stornoway. I've had the occasional trip with CJ to the West Side and we ventured down to South Lochs and saw Steve. That's been about it. Pretty disgraceful really for someone who lives amongst such beauty. So yesterday I ventured a little further and went to see Carol and Jenny at Gisla in Uig. It was a stunning day (one of many we've had this summer although we tend to forget that every time we get a few bad ones). I had a lovely morning and thought I'd share with you a few of the views on the way over.

Across the moors to Achmore from Stornoway

A hidden gem in the moors

The Harris Hills

Above Achmore and Loch Ganvich (The only Villages in Lewis which are not on the coast).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.