1 EAGLETON NOTES: Dunsford Wood

.

.

Saturday 23 August 2008

Dunsford Wood

This morning CJ, Helen, Ian and I went to Dunsford Wood (Click for map) or see the website of the Devon Wildlife Trust on the site. The insect life was considerable and we spent much of the time photoraphing it. I'm afraid that the names of most of the insects are outwith my knowledge:

Cuckoo Pint

I find new leaves very beautiful

A beautifull hover fly

Strangalia Maculata (a Longhorn Beetle with no common name)

Meadow Brown

Ianus Oblivius Recumbus

The incredibly invasive Himalayan Balsam (Policeman's Helmet)

And some more

Hover Fly

Perhaps I'll wash these in future

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.