1 EAGLETON NOTES: Penrith Revisited

.

.

Thursday 21 August 2008

Penrith Revisited

On 13 May when I was driving South I took some photos and wrote a posting on Penrith. As usual today on the way down from Gaz's in Glasgow to CJ's on the Wirral I stopped in the Town to stretch my legs. Of course I couldn't resist taking a few photos:

A wonderful shop if you want really expensive but excellent delicatessen type items.

An old fashioned style of ladies shop at the North end of the Square

The George Hotel - happy memories.

The narrow street and an old fashioned gents outfitters which used to be an emporium selling household goods from linoleum to linen.

Old Faithful

In the Oxfam Shop where, as usual, I bought a(nother) book. It just struck a cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.