1 EAGLETON NOTES: That Time Again

.

.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

That Time Again

It's just after 11pm or, in my parlance, 2300 hrs on Tuesday 26th as I start this post.  I'm sitting in bed with some Alkan piano music playing.   I don't quite know where this sudden going to bed 'early' and  reading a book or reading blogs has suddenly come from.   I've had a great day and, have shared a bottle of red with a friend this evening (perhaps, given the proportion that I guzzled as compared with her, 'shared' is not quite the correct word).  Tomorrow I shall wake up (this is a prediction based upon the experience of the last 23,500 or so mornings) and by lunchtime the bed will be re-made and the kitchen cleaned and the house will be ready for me to say farewell to it for the next six months.

I would like to think that the plans I had for posting a very brief pictorial review of the last six months will come to fruition but somehow I think that's not going to happen.

Tomorrow afternoon I will start my journey South.  I feel rather like a Godwit or a Swallow in search of constant warmth. 

6 comments:

  1. Safe travels!!! See (read)you in NZ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swallows beat you here. So lovely to see them back. I daresay the godwits are back too but haven't been near any of their haunts for ages.
    Fair winds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tu es une veritable hirondelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hirondelle leave no carbon foot print. They flap. Bet you wish you could. When I retired I determined never to go near an airport again. I do miss the flying but not the checks. Good luck. Bon voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as I was not feeling my best you did the gentlemanly thing and finished it off. Well you could not leave it for another night...... Safe journey dearest Graham.... Haste ye back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all. I really appreciate your friendship whether it be in cyberland or in the flesh - or in both!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.