1 EAGLETON NOTES: Lewis Weather

.

.

Thursday 21 October 2010

Lewis Weather

Lewis Weather

It rained and rained and rained and rained
The average was well maintained
And when the fields were simply bogs
It started raining cats and dogs
After a drought of half an hour
There came a most refreshing shower
And then the queerest thing of all
A gentle rain began to fall.
Next day was pretty fairly dry
Save for a deluge from the sky
This wetted people to the skin
But after that the rain set in
We wondered what's the next we'd get
As sure as fate we'd get more wet
But soon we'll have a change again
And we shall have
A drop more rain

7 comments:

  1. This is really very good, you forget to mention the mist and sea frets. I shall save this if you have no objection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you were a poet as well! You should be given a award for "making the most out of a rainy day" (hrm, well, lots of rainy days). Thanks for giving me a smile to start my day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I should have started the post by explaining that I'd been clearing some papers and just come across the poem. I'm not actually sure how it came about but as far as I can recall many years ago when I had the Pottery we (whoever 'we' is) came up with this and put it up on the wall. It was so popular that people asked for copies and we used to sell them for charity. We then wrote other things and often in a day when we had a coach in particular we could raise quite reasonable sums for the local hospice. I wonder if I can find the 'other things'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... If I give something to charity I can copy it...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica - I'm sure that many many copies of that have been made and adapted to almost any place in the UK by now.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.