1 EAGLETON NOTES: Colourful Clothes

.

.

Friday 15 October 2010

Colourful Clothes

It's a while ago now but something in a blog - by Dawn Treader I think - elicited the comment from me that I had a lot of polo necked sweaters because I like to wear something that suits my mood of the moment.  Leastways I think that's what I said.  Dawn Treader I recall said that she awaited seeing my 'collection'.  Here it is.  Now before anyone says that I'm profligate or whatever let me say that I've amassed my 'collection' of these garments - 30 plus - over a considerable number of years.  When I used to live during winters over 5 years ago then unless I was wearing formal shirts then I was wearing a polo neck.  Because I don't wear clothes out very quickly the collection just sort of grew.  It's over 5 years since they have been out of my wardrobe.  Here is one of each colour.  The odd thing is that all my black ones and my red ones are quite different when seen in the sun.

8 comments:

  1. So I'm wondering.......are there favourites? I love wearing red...........an empowering colour and lifts the mood.
    What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this collection but it is more impressive than I imagined. But I was sure there would be a pale blue one! If there's not, there should be, it's a colour you were well.
    A lovely array of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remembered! Ah, yes... You do seem to be prepared for all sudden shifts in fashion... ;) For those who did not read my post a while back I was complaining about the display in the clothes stores this autumn - all black and gray with possibly just a hint of purple in between. You might get away with some of these without sticking out. But the only way to get away with the yellow would be to pretend to be a fanatic fan of our football team. As for the red, on a man it might be accepted for Christmas, but you might be mistaken for Santa Claus. I'm ironizing, a bit, but fact is I even had one American blog-friend commenting on one of my street pictures recently: Why is everyone wearing black?

    Now the WV is "bowli". Any chance you wore these for bowling before you got all caught up in croquet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz: What I wear depends on how I feel. I love yellow 'ordinary' shirts and polo shirts but didn't often wear the yellow poloshirts. I probably wore red poloshirts more than any other single colour but I would never think of wearing a red 'ordinary' shirt.


    Monica: Fashionable I am not. A follower of fashion I have never been except when it's been forced on me. For example at the moment it is impossible to buy yellow shirts. I love yellow shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a strict follower of fashion myself, that's why I find it so annoying when the choice (or lack thereof) looks the same in every store. Mind you, I live in a town of 100 000 people and lots more come here to shop. One would think there might be room for a bit more variety; but the Gods of Fashion (whoever they are who control these things) seem to have decided against it.

    Now I'm getting WV 'topsync'... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are quite a peacock my friend.

    It certainly made the ironing more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No green! Not a single one! It is not a complete rainbow without green, so I suggest you get one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meike I used to have a green one. I can even tell you that I bought it at Thomas Pink, Shirtmakers, in Edinburgh around 20 years ago. Perhaps I actually wore it out!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.