1 EAGLETON NOTES: Kestrel

.

.

Thursday 7 October 2010

Kestrel

Whilst David and I were driving near Villeneuve one day (actually I should have said that we were travelling because only David was driving; I was simply a passenger) we seemed to come across dozens of Kestrels.  From a moving car and often through the glass I tried time after time to capture the birds in the air and on electricity lines.  Time after time I thought I had succeeded.  In fact I had captured many pictures but when I enlarged them they were all, predictably I suppose, blurred.
 

But I was rather pleased with the next one which was taken from the ramparts of the village of Soumensac down into a field hundreds of metres away:


3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo :-)

    We had a similar experience in the US (although I've no idea what type of birds of prey they were), but I failed to get a single photo. Lovely to see so many just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought a smile to my face. And you didn't have to sit on a dusty back road to get the shots, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Lovely looking creature. Of course here we only have the Falcon. Unless you count the Australasian Harrier.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.