1 EAGLETON NOTES: It's TV, Jim, But Not As We Know It.

.

.

Wednesday 8 July 2009

It's TV, Jim, But Not As We Know It.

I am an avid watcher of the Tour de France. Because I'm at Gaz's in Glasgow I thought that that would make things easier in one way and more difficult in that I'm out a lot and couldn't find a recorder amongst the vast array of electronica in the flat. Then I realised that I didn't need one. I have SKY in New Zealand but Freeview in Scotland. But Gaz's SKY is not SKY as I know it. I can record TV programmes, PAUSE LIVE TV, replay live tv and I know not what other possibilities there are available. I tell you it's TV, Jim, but not as I knew it.

Anyway today was the fifth day of the Tour and Fabian Cancellara retained the Yellow Jersey although the stage was won by a Frenchman, Thomas Voelker. Never again will he have to buy his own pastis in a bar in France.


1 comment:

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.