1 EAGLETON NOTES

.

.

Monday 5 September 2011

I am sitting in my Study this morning looking out over a glass-calm Minch to the Scottish mainland with not as much as a whisper of air so that I can hear nothing but the gentle lap of the sea on the shore in the bay below the house.  It is hard to realise that a few days ago this was the scene as the ferry, MV Isle of Lewis, came North up the Minch past the house.  If she does that then it's rough out there and she is sailing into the sea before sailing South across the sea with the running sea on her stern.  This reduces the length of time that those on board have to endure the obvious discomfort.







5 comments:

  1. That sure is rocky water...I can't imagine being in a boat like that in the middle of large waters and have being tossed about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sea-sick just looking at the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, live in an area that is only accessible by ferry.

    Can truly relate to the weather and photographs.

    Am always glad when the sea is calm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a wild ride. Typical ferry driver......flat out or stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember being very very sick on Suilven...how I hated the Minch! This brings it all back...;-D

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.