1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Butt of Lewis

.

.

Saturday 25 June 2011

The Butt of Lewis

On Thursday Anna and I went up to the Butt of Lewis: the most northerly point of the Island and, at one time (perhaps still) familiar to listeners of the Shipping Forecast.  We stopped, as I invariably do, at the Morven Gallery on the way back for coffee and to see what was new.  I assumed that at some time in the past I would have blogged about the lighthouse at the Butt but I can't find one so I shall re-visit that topic some time.

The weather at the Butt was excellent with only a light wind and a very warm sun - the temperature actually reached 12℃ 54℉ according to the car's dashboard reading.  However the sea was boiling!






7 comments:

  1. I love the color of your ocean! Reminds me of Monterey, CA.
    Really gorgeous photos GB!
    I'll be on the ocean next week, in Oregon. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the sound of the waves and feel the salty wind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb scenes, I've never seen it from land.......probably never seen it from the sea......it always seems to be foggy or raining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I love a boiling sea! Love these photos! Can't help but comment that I thought the butt would have been at the other end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the close ups of foamy 'boiling' water and spray. Lovely rugged coastline :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as I remember it. Loved this bit of the island - though maybe not quite as much as that amazing beach on Harris...not far from Scarista House I think?
    Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.