1 EAGLETON NOTES: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook: The Original

.

.

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook: The Original

I have never possessed a Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook. I decided a few years ago that I would like one of the originals rather than the "All New" version. Suddenly a book that had been on every charity shop bookshelf disappeared. I had not given up hope but certainly had resigned myself to making do with the other 50 or so cookery books that I have. Now I have one!! A surprise package in the post from CJ yesterday. Whoopee. Lots of straightforward recipes for that casual evening with a few friends or for when I have visitors. And I do like having a picture of what I am aiming at. Like many people who cook I'm not slavish about following recipes but that is not usually the issue. The point is having an idea of what to cook in the first place and then some idea as to how it's done. I love simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.