1 EAGLETON NOTES: An Early Start

.

.

Friday 28 May 2010

An Early Start

Last year my eight or so weeks away in Glasgow attending The Beatson for radiotherapy meant that I just didn’t get to make the six Christmas cakes that I usually make for some of my friends.  I am determined to get back on track this year so today I started by preparing the ingredients for a mix and bake tomorrow.  The dried fruit is now soaking in brandy ready for the off.  All as per Goddess Delia’s recipe I’ve been doing this since I was confined to barracks after a heart attack in 2000 and discovered that people actually like what I did.  That’s a huge incentive isn’t it?

DSC09243 DSC09244 DSC09248

8 comments:

  1. Just two words -

    "Oh goody!" xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I've learned a lot from this little post.

    Look at how tidy you are with your preparations...very nice, almost like a professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm!!!! ;^)
    Looks wonderful!
    ;^)
    (I've done some catching up back a couple of weeks on all of your postings...) Delightful...and some great photos!!!
    ;^)
    SO glad you're enjoying your Scottish summer to the full!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends are blessed! Not only do they have your company but you share your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please enlighten me: baking Christmas cake seven months before Christmas???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is organisation! Although it's only eight o'clock I have a yearning for fruit cake and Stilton. Which will no doubt plague me all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait as its scrummy......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Or as an extended family member used to say when she was three (and we still say) " Mmmmm, MALICIOUS!"

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.