1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Woodlands Centre

.

.

Thursday 17 September 2009

The Woodlands Centre

Both CJ and I have blogged about The Woodlands Centre in Stornoway in the past.  It is generally where we go for coffee and do our crossword.  It is often where Spesh and I have coffee if we happen to be in town at the same time.  Well yesterday and today Marcel du Marche and I went and did the same thing.  It occured to me that I haven't actually shown you what it looks like.  Well from the outside this is it:
 



The top picture shows the settings within the Lews Castle Grounds and the second is a close-up taken yesterday.  It was a beautiful day and, as you can see, warm enough for people to sit outside.  And for CJ there is the reminder and the Rowan Trees with their berries which he will not, I think, have seen in this setting before.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I am sure all those windows are a pain to clean, but oh, how I'd love to live there. All that natural light pouring in...

    what a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very nice place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best place ever for Tunnocks Tea Cakes and Coffee. Hope I will soon be well enough to take that rain check! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I wish I had such a pretty cafe nearby. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful building in a lovely setting. I'm sure any food would taste better if eaten on that deck. But Jen and I must be practical souls - who cleans the windows??

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.