1 EAGLETON NOTES: Did You Know - 1

.

.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Did You Know - 1

That only female ducks can quack.  [Really?!]

Like finger prints everyone’s tongue prints are different.

An office desk is likely to harbour 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.  [I assume that means 400 times more types of bacterium. ]

Starfish can turn their stomachs inside out.  [Yes I did know that.]

Most spiders have eight eyes as well as eight legs.

There are more than 2700 languages in the world.  [There’s almost that many versions of English so far as I can see!].

4 comments:

  1. No, I did not know :)

    Ask me again tomorrow and even though I read this twice, I probably still won't know :)

    But it's pretty fascinating stuff to ponder, now, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, GB...you are just full of amazing facts!!!
    ;^) ;^) ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people are going to try to make a tongue print? Raise your hand!
    I'm really curious about the ducks. I hope next time I see some I'll remember to pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were right to doubt the first one! Both sexes of duck quack. Female Mallards, for example, produce the classic single quack with a rising pitch while the male Mallard has a softer, lower-pitched quack.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.