1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Day in The Garden

.

.

Monday 31 May 2010

A Day in The Garden

I rose early this morning: 0513.  The sun was shining.  The temperature had actually managed double figures!  Mind you everything is relative.  I was chatting this morning to Pauline in New Zealand who was bemoaning the fact that it was so cold – 8 degrees I think she said. With 3 weeks until the longest day and midsummer we’ve been lucky here on Lewis if the daytime temperature has reached 11 deg last week.  Today I was delighted that the temperature managed up to around 15 deg. It was a beautiful sunny day too.  So instead of preparing for my journey to the mainland tomorrow I spent the day outside in shorts and a polo shirt gardening and doing some house maintenance.  I started packing at 8pm this evening and am writing this in bed at 11pm.  I have to be up at 0500 tomorrow to go for the early ferry to the mainland.  Of course the law that says it was easy to rise early this morning because I didn’t have to will make me want to turn over and go back to sleep tomorrow when I do have to rise and shine.

I should be back home on Sunday but, hopefully, I’ll be blogging whilst I’m away.  Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Pauline perhaps forgot to mention it has rained and rained here. big floods in places. not only cold but wet. nearly mid WINTER here

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.