1 EAGLETON NOTES: Travelling Again

.

.

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Travelling Again

Tomorrow I shall be wending my way South again.  This time though I shall not be traveling via Los Angeles or Hong Kong but via Dubai and Australia.  I've been quite lucky given the chaos that transatlantic air travel is in as a result of Superstorm Sandy.  My loyalty to Air New Zealand has been interrupted by the fact that ANZ wanted almost twice as much as Emirates to get me from Scotland to New Zealand.  So tomorrow I shall fly to Glasgow

  
After a night spent with my friend Anna I shall set of for Napier on a different route to usual.





Hopefully I shall blog again before I leave.  If I don't then it will be Saturday before I arrive in Napier and have the opportunity to return to Blogland.

15 comments:

  1. have a safe trip :) and welcome back for when you land...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage, Buon Viaggio, Gute Reise, Graham!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never ceases to amaze me that you make this trip twice a year. To me even the distance between Lewis and Glasgow is a long one - and yet, looking at the world map, you're kind of my next-door neighbour when you're in Scotland. (You should drop by Sweden some time! - doesn't seem to be all that far our of your way...) I wish you a safe trip too, with good service and no delays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe and pleasant trip, Graham.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe and uneventful journey. We shall miss you - xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am amazed that you make this trip twice a year. It seems such an undertaking; all the planning and then all those hours in route. Hope you have a safe, and uneventful trip and eagerly await all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels!! Bon Voyage!!! Happy Trails!!!
    Golly, that is some long distance travel that you have outlined with the maps, gives me a far better idea of how far off you are going.
    Be that as it may, I see loads and loads of frequent flyer miles in your account, so have fun.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe journey, GB. We'll look forward to your next posts from NZ when you've returned home and opened up your house again. Take care and God bless, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you one and all. I'm now in Glasgow and what's not done back on Lewis I am no longer worried about. Spesh aka Pat's in charge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you safe and happy travels, with good times and good weather once you get here. The Napier region has been getting some "above 20C" temps in the past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I imagine your trip went smoothly and I look forward to your NZ summer shots! I can't believe the time has flown so fast. How amazing it must be to travel as you do, following the summer in different continents!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I forgot to mention, you even had a stop over in my home city, Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.