1 EAGLETON NOTES: Thankful Thursday

.

.

Friday 5 October 2012

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday evening by the time I'd gone to bed and then caught up with Friend in Canada (who had had the birthday bash in Italy) on the phone it was nearly 1am so I didn't get my TT post done yesterday despite my visitor reminding me all evening.  We just kept talking until bedtime.  So much to catch up with and so little time.

Yesterday we spent the day chasing rainbows.  In fact I probably saw more rainbows yesterday and the previous day than I have over the last (choses a number) years.  We spent the day for the most part in the sun whilst the rainclouds swirled around us on the horizon.  When we drove home from Harris the heavy rain clouds preceded us and obviously dumped a huge amount of rain as they passed.  As a result the sky was filled with rainbows which we could see from end to end but which were just too huge to capture even on full wide-angle.

So yesterday we spent a magical day: Viv saw her first eagles in the wild; we found a The Skoon Art CafĂ©; we saw the Islands at their most magnificent and we chased rainbows whilst basking in the sun.

What better sort of a day could we have had?  

For that I am truly thankful. 

Loch Seaforth on the Lewis and Harris border

9 comments:

  1. Spending a day chasing rainbows sounds like a lovely "fairytale" day to me....I think I may have to put that on my Bucket List.
    I somehow imagine you with a big old bag of camera equipment to catch ANY moment on film, so I was shocked to read that you were not able to capture those wide angle rainbows....my suggestion? Start google searching for more fancy smancy camera lens...don't let any photo ops escape you, you take GREAT photos, and really can't afford to disappoint your followers like me.....smile smile smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia I will have to fill you in on my camera equipment soon. I no longer hump around 16kilos of equipment. I will explain. Thank you so much for your comments though.

      Delete
  2. Great photograph.
    Take two pictures side by side with a good overlap.
    In PS Elements go to file>New>Photomerge Panorama. Follow the instructions but ignore the last one...Do you want Elements to fill the frame? No you don't it makes a right mess of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian. I have taken some rainbow photos today with the object of trying to follow your advice. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Just e-mail when you have trouble. Rainbows should be fine as the light, by their nature, is consistent. Try it with the sun at about 90 degrees to you. The new algorithms are very good and compensate for differences in light....sometimes! Don't preprocess the images you want to stitch.

      Delete
  3. Indeed, what better sort of a day could you have had!
    Photos of rainbows could become your trademark, if you heed VirginaC's advice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike it will become rainbows or views from my kitchen the way things are heading.

      Delete
  4. I really love the light in this photo... "(chose a number) shades of grey" (I have NOT read the book...) It looks like it should be the cover of a fantasy novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your humour Monica. I haven't read the book either - and shall not be doing so.

      Delete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.