1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Journey

.

.

Friday 4 November 2011

The Journey

In an hour or so I shall be leaving Anna's for Glasgow airport.  I shall fly to London Heathrow from there and this evening I fly with Air New Zealand to Hong Kong (where my son Gaz and his girlfriend Carol are at the moment) where I shall avail myself of that lovely airport's showers to freshen up before the flight continues to Auckland from whence I shall fly to Napier and my other home.  The first leg from London to Hong Kong is about 5700 miles (9170 Km) and the Hong Kong to Auckland leg is about 5900 miles (9500 Km).  I should manage a bit of reading over the next 48 hours!


5 comments:

  1. It is a very impressive journey to make...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are braver than me.....Have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a loooong way to fly... Twice a year! Hope you have your Kindle loaded with good books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, what a trip!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes you appreciate the distance when you see it like that. It will be nice to have you back in our time zone :) our personal harbinger of summer.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.