1 EAGLETON NOTES: Hong Kong

.

.

Saturday 5 November 2011

Hong Kong

Well that was undoubtedly the best $10 US I’ve spent for a long time.  Possibly since the last time I was in Hong Kong International airport.  For the $10 you get access to a lovely clean, powerful shower and bathroom/washroom facilities with all the toiletries including tooth brush and paste all provided.  I feel like a new man.  Come to think of it that’s how my last partner felt: like a new man.  Leastways that’s what she acquired!  But I digress.

The flight from LHR was a dream.  I do love Air New Zealand. The seats are roomy and comfortable.  I had decided to pay for an upgrade but when I realised that the new seat configuration was only on the flights via LA I withdrew.  The seats in Premium are not that much better than the Economy seats and my legs aren’t that long since I got older and shrunk an inch or so.

So, after a wander around the commercial concourse, I now have 15 minutes to re-board for the next 11 or 12 hours to Auckland.

It seems quite strange to be sitting here in Hong Kong knowing that my son Gaz and his girlfriend Carol are not that far away and will be following me the day after tomorrow.

Another reason that I love Hong Kong Airport is that it has free wi-fi internet access so whilse I am waiting I can read some of the 30 emails I see have arrived since I left the UK and perhaps catch a blog or two or even write an email.  After all there is 10 minutes to boarding!

I hope the rest of my Blogger friends are as happy as I am at the moment.

9 comments:

  1. Yep - the sun is shining and I've done a few jobs - it's a Good Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12.46 am here on Sunday morning,,, perhaps you are winging your way closer already.
    Silly partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mist and mellow fruitfulness here...gorgeous. Not sounding invigorated and power shower fresh and facing the excitement of another country of course - for which I envy you and wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I read this on Sunday morn it is sunny and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful day, it was, here in Vermont. HONG KONG, I just cannot fathom stepping foot in all of your travels, Graham. Only in my thoughts would I ever be able to...how exciting, really!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Wendy and family recognize the new man when he arrives. Happy homecoming, GB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, you clearly love flying. Unlike me. But Hong Kong Airport does make it all a bit easier. I mean if you had a stopover at heathrow Terminal 2 .....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good! I agree with how a shower and the peace of mind a short time spent entirely in your own company contributes to making you feel a new man (or woman, in my case). 10 Dollars really does not seem too much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the journey's going well,

    SP

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.