1 EAGLETON NOTES: Snow in France

.

.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Snow in France

For once the Outer Hebrides seems to be getting marginally better weather - or perhaps I should say marginally warmer weather - that the rest of the UK and certainly than a great deal of Northern Europe.  So when I received these photos from a friend, Viv, who live in the Lot-et-Garonne I tried to match them with photos from similar spots taken during the early autumn this year.  I didn't have any direct comparisons but these provide some idea of the change a few months can make.  Thanks Viv.







I have no comparison for the road to the house but it's such a beautiful photo I couldn't leave it out!


7 comments:

  1. I like to follow Angus's blog about their life in France Profonde.... been interesting seeing them cope with the cold weather.
    http://wilfanddigby.blogspot.co.nz/

    Lovely pix GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours has gone! Huzzah!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours has gone! Huzzah!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ours has just arived again. Tonight the road outside our house is covered in snow - as is the car. Been there, done it, dont want to do it anymore this year!!!

    BUT - I now have some lovely daffodils in a vase on the dining table. Thank you Graham. You plant them and I harvest them - sounds good to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the pictures - they depict such a contrast with seasons. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm familiar with that kind of change but I bet it feels even stranger in France.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had 60+ inches of snow last year and I am guessing about 12 inches this winter. I didn't miss it.

    BTW, thanks for including the garden shot. I found it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.