1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Garden: The Day After I Arrived Back

.

.

Monday 28 April 2008

The Garden: The Day After I Arrived Back

The garden has survived the winter very well all things considered. I did a first cut of the grass on Friday and it had not grown anywhere nearly as much as last year nor as much as I had expected.

These are not actually in the garden but in the field on the other side of my boundary.

But these splendid islands of colour are in my garden.

Andrew's tree: it survived.

I'm not sure what this is but it'll be a shame that I have to cut the grass and decapitate it all.

Close-up.

A lovely solid unscathed windbreak and cat hiding place.

The bird table used to be here. Heaven knows what theses seeds are.

Not looking too bad, all things considered.

Windburn!

CJ planted these about this time last year.

Tadpoles by the thousand

The pond's looking good.

The fuchsia need some attention.

The trees are ok thanks to Dave and Pat who replanted them after a very severe gale had corkscrewed them out of the ground. The stakes Dave used will outlast anything the wind has to offer. At 3" square surely they will. They will!!

1 comment:

  1. The white flowers look like Common Scurvy Grass (Cochlearia officinalis) - a close relative of Helen's Cuckoo Flower.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.