1 EAGLETON NOTES: Going to Glasgow

.

.

Monday, 22 June 2026

Going to Glasgow

I'm flying South to Glasgow today.  Hopefully I'll have time, inclination and motivation to blog whilst I'm there.  I still keep saying that I must get back into Blogland.  The stupid thing is that even though I really miss it and keep wondering how everyone  is getting on I keep getting sidetracked with life. Then when I'm back home by the time I've made meals and persuaded myself to eat them (appetite problems not my cooking!!)  I've lost interest in food. Ironically I'm quite a good cook. The only time I really enjoy it now, though, is when I'm cooking for other people. 

13 comments:

  1. I hear you, Graham. I think it is one of life's great mysteries that once you hit the 80s how time works changes, it is no longer measured in the same old way. Have a happy time in Glasgow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could become a reader of blogs and just write if you want to? You have well and truly earned the right to do what suits you.
    Enjoy Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time away in Glasgow.
    It's better to eat to live rather than live to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your garden is really fabulous, Graham. Sorry you are having some trouble with enjoying food. Hope you have a good time in Glasgow. I was so glad to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are taking care of yourself Graham, it's important to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt quite natural for most of us to "slow down" a bit as we get older. I'm a younger than you but still have a feeling that everything now takes me longer than it used to - without really being able to pinpoint the reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny because I was only thinking the other day that you seem to have disappeared and then suddenly this morning two posts were there out of the blue. Of course blogger not up-dating reading lists properly doesn't help. Anyway, good to see you are still around even if you aren't blogging and reading blogs, at least you are keeping going. Look forward to more contact in the future. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is perfectly understandable that you have not been active in Blogland recently. After all, as The Laird of The Isles, you have a lot on your plate - including sheep stealing, keeping The Sabbath holy and the latest news on CalMac sailings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK you can come and cook for us any time you like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your trip to Glasgow goes smoothly. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Graham! I have read some fascinating facts about Glasgow recently. If only I could remember them! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a relief to see you have posted again! This one and your previous post never showed up in my reading list, but I spotted your comments on two other blogs this morning and was very happy to "see" you.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.