1 EAGLETON NOTES: New Kids on The Block

.

.

Wednesday 26 November 2014

New Kids on The Block

I am now surrounded.  Well that's a bit of an exaggeration because I only have houses to the South of me.  However all but one of the nearest houses have animals.  In fact in the nearest three houses there are five dogs and three cats!  My garden with it's potential crop of birds is heaven for all the cats in the area.  Fortunately the way I've designed things the ability of cats to catch the birds is minimal. 

The latest additions to the local menagerie are Oscar and Sandy who were cavorting in the croft in front of my house yesterday.  Unfortunately winter light isn't perfect for capturing fast moving labrador pups.



They are being trained to come to heel at a whistle and, whilst there is a supply of biscuits, they are pretty good at it.  'Obedient' is probably too optimistic a word. 'Treats' is the real incentive.




26 comments:

  1. Oscar and Sandy are simply gorgeous. Such sweet puppy faces!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obedient or not, I wouldn't mind being surrounded by those two cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog training is an art. One I wish I had mastered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One art or science I'll never have to master Adrian.

      Delete
  4. The puppy through the fence is the pick of the litter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And these two aren't even big yet! Labs are a fairly placid breed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Red but boisterous and ravenous as puppies.

      Delete
  6. Lovely images. I bet two at once is a handful. Labs love food, my vet once told me, so the owner will be/ stay fit kepping those two slim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, Kate, that two is proving quite a lot of work and attention. So far as a fit owner is concerned I think it's the puppies who are doing the running.

      Delete
  7. Sweet puppies who look so attentive, probably waiting for a biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute. That fence does not look quite puppy-friendly though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not Monica. It is designed to keep sheep out but there are no sheep these days.

      Delete
  9. Who is the fashion icon giving out the doggie biscuits? I wonder where he sourced his cool outfit. Was he on a photoshoot for GQ gentlemen's magazine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP this is the Outer Hebrides not the cool fashion centre that is Yorkshire.

      Delete
  10. What pretty neighbours. Ad the owner (?) looks nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Frances. I have very convivial neighbours.

      Delete
  11. What sweet little puppies, they look so trusting.
    I have had an experience with a neighbor (a bad one) who mistreated a dog. It was pitiful, it would look at my husband and I as we walked up our driveway with such a trusting face, with the expectation that we would help it...I did what I could and called Animal Control and to their credit, they came straightaway.
    The neighbors have now moved away. I hope they will give the dog to someone who will love and care for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sad Kay. Why, of why, do people keep animals if they can't be kind to them.

      Delete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.