1 EAGLETON NOTES: An Evening With Gaz

.

.

Tuesday 27 April 2010

An Evening With Gaz

Gaz met me at Glasgow Airport and we went to his flat via the Braehead Shopping Centre so that I could get a new cell phone and some underwear from M & S given that the stopover was not originally planned.  Now that I’ve had a chance to take stock and look at the photos I thought I’d share a few with you.  Gaz has a hookah.  Leastways that’s what I always thought it was called but I’ve since learned a number of other names.  Gaz, for example, called it a shisha.  He has been spending time in the Middle East recently and became fascinated by them.  So I got a brief lesson.  The tobacco smoked is called molasses because it is steeped in the substance.  Gaz had ‘double apple molasses.  The ritual is fascinating and we actually had a smoke (I should add that I used to smoke a pipe but haven’t smoked one for many years).  The smoke passing through water is completely different to the ‘raw’ smoke from a pipe.  It’s not something I would take up but it was an experience I can say I’m pleased to have had.

IMG_9763

IMG_9764

5 comments:

  1. I'm saying NOWT! No wonder it's taken three days to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure that these water pipes have different names around the world, and are also used in different ways.

    You might be surprised to hear this from me, but in my later teenage years, I had many opportunities smoking from water pipes....but it was not tobacco that I smoked ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different maybe but apparently they can be 3 or 4 times worse for your health than smoking a cigarette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrian might have something there, GB. Could this be the explanation for your recent frenzied life?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not saying nothing neither.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.