- Monday's child is fair of face,
- Tuesday's child is full of grace,
- Wednesday's child is full of woe,
- Thursday's child has far to go,
- Friday's child is loving and giving,
- Saturday's child works hard for a living,
- But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
- Is fair and wise and good in every way.
Wednesday, 4 March 2015
A recent post by Red talked about the day on which he was born. Many of us know, and many of us don't know, the day of our birth. I was born two days before D-Day (which was Tuesday 6 June 1944) so it's easy for me to remember that I was born on a Sunday.
If you don't know the day on which you were born the you can find out on this website.
Whilst thinking about that the following ditty came to mind:
Often the Friday and Saturday lines are switched so it's hardly a reliable indicator of character.
I wonder how many of us think that we conform to the rhyme (and how many of us are prepared to say so?).
I would like to think that I'm fair (minded) but wise and good would really be pushing things a bit far.