Monday, 3 October 2011
Last night it became apparent that the ferry was likely to be storm-bound today. I'm in Bishopbriggs near Glasgow. It's about 5 hours' drive to Ullapool for the ferry. The ferry is unlikely to sail. That would mean an overnight stay in a hotel in Ullapool. I'm a good sailor. Anna's a terrible sailor. Even if I go Anna will not be accompanying me. So I decided to re-book for tomorrow. All bookings are closed until Thursday. So, in theory, I'm stranded on the mainland until Thursday. Arghhhh.
It's hard to believe that a few days ago we were bathed in sunshine and the hottest October day ever recorded in the UK was logged.