1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Mouse

.

.

Saturday 22 May 2010

A Mouse

Carol came down for a blether later this afternoon and as we chatted over our tea and coffee in the kitchen I noticed a mouse run across the garden – in the open broad daylight.  Unusual.  I tracked it down and moved aside the overhanging foliage and there in a cleft was a baby mouse: I’m fairly certain it was not the one I had seen which had been quite a bit larger.  I managed a photo before it leapt a good six inches into the air and catapulted itself into the small bushes on the other side of where Carol had been standing before she’d managed to out-jump the mouse as it almost passed under her.

DSC09090

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty picture but I've looked and looked, with and without glasses and I still can't see the mouse! Does that mean they could be everywhere but I just don't see them? Oh yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely there and although a tad dark it should be clearly visible. Perhaps the screen is a bit on the dark side. The mouse's head is in the crevice right in the centre of the photo under intersection of the lines drawn from corner to corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm,yes, maybe. Perhaps I can see what could be a mouse's head. Is it the screen or is it my eyesight that isn't sharp enough I wonder??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back before I had anything larger than a '1' in front of my age, I was full of scorn for those silly women in movies who leapt on chairs at the sight of a cute harmless little mouse. Then one day when I was 22 and sitting in an office chair 12 stories up in a building, a mouse ran over my foot.
    I was on that chair, swivel and all, in less than a second, and I've never been the same since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a few seconds to locate it in the picture but then I had no difficulties seeing the mouse-head - nose, eyes, ears... That is on my new laptop screen. (To Pauline: I know from previous computers that the screen, or the angle of the screen, can make a big difference.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get our mice coming out in the daytime a lot - perhaps they are anxious to get at the bird seed before the birds. (We put some birdseed on a tray on the ground especially for them.)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.