1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Flight Home

.

.

Saturday 11 July 2009

The Flight Home

Flying home yesterday the weather was beautiful so the Captain decided to fly lower than usual over Loch Lomond and some of the Highlands before climbing to the usual cruising height. I have got so used to flying over the Highlands that I often don't even look out of the window except when I know that Lewis will be visible and I can feel the emotion of homecoming. But it was very satisfying looking down over the Loch where I had walked a few days ago and then over Ben Lomond which, as I mentioned in a recent posting, I last climbed with Gaz a few years ago. I may have got used to the experience but I never tire of the awesome beauty of nature.




3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your airplane views, GB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were taken through the propellor so are not as clear as they could have been but the beauty of the earth from above never ceases to make me feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.