1 EAGLETON NOTES: Bacon Butties

.

.

Sunday 20 July 2008

Bacon Butties

It's a Sunday morning so I decided to have a treat for breakfast: a bacon buttie. After all my usual muesli or porridge or toast with Marmite and peanut butter can become a little samey after 60 years. Not that I'm a creature of habit, you understand. There was some bacon left over from making broth and I had fresh home baked bread so...

Even when I was a quite committed vegetarian (I'm still a vegetarian by inclination if not by practice) I always wanted (and had) a bacon roll as soon as I got on the morning ferry to the Mainland. I still do.

Bacon rolls are made with white rolls. Making a bacon buttie with home baked multigrain brown bread is just not the same. Ah well. Back to muesli tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.