1 EAGLETON NOTES: Labour Saving?

.

.

Saturday 28 June 2008

Labour Saving?

This week I've been trying, in between doing 'proper' things, to get some semblance of order into the Study and the Utility Room (actually it's more like a Utility Cupboard with a door at each end and a passage through the middle). Both of which contain far too much despite my efforts last year to de-clutter. One of the things that struck me as I tried to find lids for and stack all the plastic food boxes awaiting food was that that particular part of the cupboard had a bag in it. A bag that had been there for many years. As I poised before I threw it out I realised that it was a bag of bags: bags for holding water in such a way as to make ice cubes - well, ice balls actually. "What a good idea" I thought so I decided to use them. Hmm. Perhaps filling a bag with water and then trying to tie a knot in the top isn't quite as easy as just filling the ice-cube tray. Ah well, only another nineteen bags to go.

1 comment:

  1. I think these are brilliant and so easy to use that a twenty year old boy can do it! They save all that spilled water in the freezer when you have trays of water freezing to make cubes.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.