1 EAGLETON NOTES: Common Terns at Eagleton

.

.

Tuesday 10 June 2008

Common Terns at Eagleton

On the little beach below the house there is a rock (there are many actually) the top of which is out of the water even at high tide. On it perch a couple of Common Terns. I suspect that they have a nest on the rock although it must be a very precarious affair given the possibility of a high tide combined with a gale which would surely wash it away. The terns always seem to be there and get very upset if a seagull passes too close. In fact they saw off a Great Skua when CJ and I were down on the shore on Sunday. I feel rather reluctant to post the pictures I took given the fabulous tern pictures CJ has on his Blog. They were quite a long way off for the camera but here they are anyway:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.